Skip to main content

Housing benefit, Universal Credit and council tax support

Our dedicated team can help and advise on claiming housing benefit, council tax support or Universal Credit to help with your rent and council tax. If you want to visit us the benefits counter will be open every weekday from 10:00am to 3:00pm EXCEPT Wednesday.

  • council-tax-greypng Benefit calculators

    Use a benefits calculator to check if you can are entitled to housing benefit (if you are not on universal credit) or council tax support.

  • housing-personpng Housing benefit

    Housing benefit helps people on low incomes who are pensioners, live in supported (specified) accommodation, or are in receipt of a severe disability premium (and who are not claiming Universal Credit) pay their rent. It is not available for mortgage repayments.

  • council-services-greypng Council tax support

    Council tax support is financial assistance available to low income households to help you pay your council tax.

  • apply-for-it-greypng Change of circumstances - benefits

    Use our online form to notify us of a change in circumstances.

  • benefits-greypng Where to go for advice about debt

    You can get free, confidential and independent advice on dealing with debt problems in the UK by using our links.

  • apply-for-it-greypng Universal Credit

    Universal Credit (UC) is one benefit designed to replace 6 benefits with a single monthly payment if you're out of work or on a low income. Stroud is a UC full service area.

  • informationpng DWP benefit cap

    The benefit cap forms part of the Government's welfare reforms. It means that the total amount of benefit that a person of working age (18 to 64) receives can be restricted. Those affected by the cap will be directly notified by the Department for Work and Pensions.

  • report-itpng How to report fraud

    Stroud District Council no longer has its own Fraud Officers. The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is now responsible for investigating fraud in Housing Benefit on behalf of the Council.

Share this page

We use cookies to improve user experience. If you continue, we will assume you are happy to accept cookies from this website. Continue