GP exercise on referral
This initiative involves you being referred to a highly qualified Exercise Referral Instructor, who will provide a consultation to talk through your health condition(s) and what types of activities you like to do. A suitable 12-week physical activity programme will then be created for you, which could consist of one or more of the following:
- Group exercise classes (where applicable)
Who can be referred?
Any individual over the age of 16 who has, or may have the potential to develop, a health condition is eligible for referral. Health conditions can include, but are not limited to; obesity, diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, stress, depression, cancer, anxiety.
Who can refer you?
Your GP, Nurse or Community Health Professionals are all able to refer you to the scheme. There are two methods of referral:
- Your health professional can refer you direct to your chosen centre or
- You can be provided with a completed referral form for you to contact the centre direct
What centres can you go to?
Exercise on referral is available at six centres within the Stroud District
- The Pulse, Dursley (01453) 546441
- Fifth Dimension Health and Fitness Club - (01453) 769120
- Stonehouse Sports Centre (01453 754508)
- Stratford Park Leisure Centre (01453) 766771
How much would it cost?
- One off consultation fee = £14.00
- Reduced Pay as you Go (PAYG) gym session = £2.00
- Swimming and Group Exercise Classes = £1.00