Key updates today- Access to health news and service information in Gloucestershire
- Do the right thing - protect your community and keep Stroud District safe
- Grants/loans for businesses
- How to book a coronavirus test (www.nhs.uk)
- Tips - Pyke Quarry at Horsley is now open. Booking essential.
- Working safely during the coronavirus outbreak
↪ More coronavirus updates
The latest announcement from the government is:
We can all help control the virus if we all stay alert. This means you must:
- stay at home as much as possible
- work from home if you can
View working safely during the coronavirus outbreak for further information
- limit contact with other people
- keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
- wash your hands regularly
Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms.
Ask for a test to check if you have coronavirus
If you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), you can ask for a test to check if you have the virus. This is called an antigen test. View the NHS for booking details.
Health precautions and symptoms
In most cases, Covid19 is mild but everyone should remain vigilant and carry on with good washing of hands and related personal hygiene measures, which include:
- Giving your hands a good wash with soap and water is the most effective action you can take (but hand gels can be a good substitute).
- Maintaining personal hygiene when coughing or sneezing is also important – use a tissue rather your hands and then throw it away.
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
- new continuous cough and/or
- high temperature
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild infection
If you have symptoms of coronavirus infection (COVID-19), however mild, do not leave your home for 7 days from when your symptoms started - you can read more on this here.
If you can, please help others in your community - check on any vulnerable neighbours to see if they need anything from the shops, a prescription collected or help with other small jobs.
For people over 70, additional advice has been issued.