Key updates today- Access to health news and service information in Gloucestershire
- Do the right thing - protect your community and keep Stroud District safe
- Grants/loans for businesses
- How to book a coronavirus test (www.nhs.uk)
- Tips - Pyke Quarry at Horsley is now open. Booking essential.
- Working safely during the coronavirus outbreak
↪ More coronavirus updates
Please avoid phoning if you can. Please report repairs by email, text or our online form https://www.stroud.gov.uk/housing/council-tenants-and-leaseholders/repairs-and-maintenance/repairs-to-your-home/report-a-repair
Repairs will be prioritised with only `emergency’ and `urgent’ repairs being carried out, which may take longer than normal. Some simple repairs can be carried out by you, for example re-setting a boiler. If this is the case a member of the repairs team will talk you through the instructions.
When an operative arrives at your home they will take extra precautions (for example you will be asked if you or a member of your household are self isolating), and will wear extra protective equipment.
We have pledged that no council tenant will be evicted during the Coronavirus pandemic.
You are still being charged weekly rent and, following recent government advice, are still liable to pay as usual.
If you are in receipt of :
- full Housing Benefit - your rent will continue to be paid to us directly
- Universal Credit - you are expected to maintain payments as normal and should not be using your housing (element) costs to pay other bills.
But if you have had to stop working, please call us as soon as possible on 01453 766321 or email email@example.com to let us know whether you are:-
1. going to receive 80% of your wages; or
2. making a claim for UC
We are here to help you, so if you have any questions or worries about you rent or any other debts, please call us on 01453 766321 and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you are struggling to pay your rent because your work has been affected by Coronavirus, and you do not already claim Universal Credit please see the advice on our Housing web page.