Bins, rubbish and recycling
Key updates today- 12 ways to help our waste crews during Coronavirus
- Council leaders unite to help protect everyone in Stroud District
- FAQs for taxi and private hire licence holders
- New support services map launched
↪ More coronavirus updates
Recycling centres (Tips)
Recycling centres at Horsley and Hempsted are now closed for an indefinite period.
Waste guidance for people with confirmed or possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection
Personal waste (such as used tissues) and disposable cleaning cloths can be stored securely within disposable rubbish bags. These bags should be placed into a second bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste in the house in which you are self-isolating. Keep aside for at least 72 hours before putting into your usual grey wheelie bin.
We recommend that people without wheelie bins who use authorised beige bags for their rubbish should place personal waste in a securely tied disposable rubbish bag (like a black bin bag) before placing in your beige sack.
Recycling, food and garden waste can be presented as normal.
Waste and recycling – general update
- Normal collection service is operating currently for residual, food, recycling and garden waste collections.
- Bulky waste collections can no longer be booked, but prior bookings are being serviced.
No further requests for receptacles are being taken, apart from grey residual wheelie bin requests, in some circumstances. There is no facility for receptacle collection.No further subscriptions are being taken on the garden waste scheme.
Other Ubico services
- Grounds Maintenance has been suspended until further notice.
- Public conveniences are now closed until further notice.
- Street Cleansing services have been reduced with priority given to litter/dog bin emptying.
In line with Government hand hygiene advice, please ensure you wash your hands after touching waste containers