Benefits and money

We know that many residents who have been affected by Coronavirus are concerned about how they will be able to afford to pay their bills. We would like to assure people that we will do all we can to help you through this difficult time.

If you are experiencing financial hardship due to Coronavirus, you may be able to make a claim for Universal Credit (which will include a payment to help you pay your rent) and council tax support. In the first instance please check our website for guidance then follow the online forms to make a claim. You will need to make a separate claim for council tax support.

The government has announced a new Hardship Fund so we can support economically vulnerable people and households. Details will be announced shortly, but it is expected that most of this funding will be used to provide more council tax relief, either through existing local Council Tax support schemes or similar measures.

Our benefit team is working hard to process all claims as quickly as possible. The answers to most questions can be found on our website. If you can’t find the answer to your question email Please put your name and claim reference number or Council Tax reference number in the subject line.

Share this page

We use cookies to improve user experience. If you continue, we will assume you are happy to accept cookies from this website. Continue