Active for Life project
The Active for Life project aims to:
- Increase physical activity levels of older adults across the Stroud District and beyond
- Identify and up skill older adults to act as peer activators, leaders and coaches
- Improve the mental wellbeing and community connections of those involved with the programme
- Enhance the delivery of current provision and support sustainable development for new activity
- Create meaningful links and exit routes into local activities and events for older adults
Active for Life event
In March 2017 we ran our first Active for Life event at Stratford Park Leisure Centre to celebrate health and wellbeing opportunities for older adults living within the Stroud District & beyond.
Over 100 residents came and tried new classes like 'Move It or Lose It' or sports like walking football and walking netball.
Six months later we contacted all the attendees and found that the day had helped people to be more active and increased their wellbeing.
We will be running a similar event in the Autumn of 2018. If you would like more information please contacts us.
Active for Life - Equipment loans
In 2017 we purchased accessible sports equipment - New age bowls, boccia and portable table tennis for use in the community and some sheltered accommodation staff and Neighbourhood Wardens were trained in how to use them.
In 2018 we are planning to purchase more of the bowls sets and would like to loan them to community groups. They are a perfect activity to run during a coffee morning or lunch club. Players can stand up or sit down and games can be as long or as short as you need. Contact us for or more information on borrowing our equipment.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
New age bowls sets available for loan.