Skip to content

Local Land Charges FAQ's

Can I have the local land search procedure explained to me?

  • A local land-charge search is necessary when someone is buying or re-mortgaging property or land.
  • Your solicitor will send us an application for a search including a map of the property or land you are interested in.
  • We will reveal any Local Land Charges associated with the site.  This may include for example conservation areas, improvement or renovation grants, planning applications, building regulations, enforcement notices and highway agreements.

Can you tell me which Water Authority deals with the CON29DW in the Stroud District area?

Severn Trent and Wessex Water

Severn Trent Ltd
Severn Trent Searches
PO 6187

Tel: 0115 9627269

Wessex Water Operations Centre
Claverton Down Road

Tel: 01225 526206


Can I see planning applications concerning my house?

Yes, you can view planning applications online.  Please visit  For additional information please contact Development Control on 01453 754442, or email

Can you tell me who owns a specific piece of land?

Please contact HM Land Registry 

Citizen Centre PO Box 74 Gloucester GL14 9BB or email: or Customer Support line: 0300 006 0411 8am–6pm Monday to Friday or contact us form at:


Share this page