Assembling this draft Strategy and Master Plan has involved:
- collaboration with community groups and stakeholders, both within and outside the District Council. This has included participation in the Climate Action Network Forum, Local Strategic Partnership and in the Gloucestershire Energy Sector Group to name a few.
- drawing upon the evidence contained in commissioned reports and studies, aligned to the District Council’s Environmental Strategy and Local Plan Review;
- district- and county-wide survey results and the work of professional and academic networks;
- lessons learned from partnership delivery of recent projects and long-running services, including the sustainable energy focused domestic and business support programmes.
This has driven the development of a strategy that strives to be:
- comprehensive in defining the wide range of necessary actions and development areas for the district
- targeted on required key achievements
- supportive in securing provision for the resources required
- agile, to enable community led schemes to come forward
We want to know your views on:
- Vision and direction: Are the vision and the targets we have set out in this draft Strategy appropriate? Are the mission and themes an adequate reflection of the challenge facing our district? Does the Master Plan allow enough flexibility for changing and emerging actions in the future?
- Leadership and responsibility: Does our Strategy allow enough scope to maximise on the district’s assets in terms of partners, community action and anchor institutions? Is there an appropriate balance of action and responsibility? Will the governance structures support representative voice?
- Solutions and innovation: Is there enough provision for the level of innovation and progression required? Are there any barriers to progress, which could be more effectively addressed?