Real (reusable) nappies
Our collection crews were unable to complete refuse and food on Wednesday 19th February 2020 and garden waste collections on 25th February 2020 in the following area:
Refuse and Food - Bell Lane, Minchinhampton
Garden Waste - Pitchcombe Village
Collections will be completed as soon as possible.
We encourage all parents to use reusable nappies on their babies and toddlers, as it is a much more sustainable way to manage their waste.
Facts about nappies:
- Every day Gloucestershire throws over 86,000 disposable nappies into landfill!
- Landfilling disposal nappies costs Gloucestershire over £100,000 per year!
- It is estimated that disposable nappies could take up to 500 years to rot away!
Why should you choose real nappies?
- Reduce waste - your family can cut its waste in half by switching to real nappies
- Kinder to the environment - reusable nappies produce fewer greenhouse gases in their production, use and eventual disposal than disposable nappies
- Save money - you can save up to £600 by choosing reusable nappies. A baby uses about half a tonne (about 5,000) of disposables from birth to potty (2.5 years average)