skip to main content

Council tax discounts, exemptions, empty properties and second homes

Depending on your circumstances, it may be possible to get a discount or an exemption on your council tax bill. Please also see our policy on empty properties and second homes.

  • directory-greypng Council tax single person discount

    You can claim 25% off your council tax if you are the only person over 18 who lives in your home.

  • disabled-greypng Disabled persons reduction

    You can get a reduction on your bill if you or someone in your home is ‘substantially and permanently disabled’.

  • apply-for-it-greypng Council tax exemptions

    Some dwellings are exempt from council tax.

  • homepng Council tax - empty property notification

    Details of discounts and charges on uninhabitable or unoccupied and unfurnished properties including our new policy on unoccupied/unfurnished properties which have been empty for more than two years.

  • cyclingpng Student exemptions and discounts

    As a full time student, you could pay less council tax, depending on who else is living with you.

  • streetpng Second homes

    Details of the second home policy in the Stroud District Council area.

  • disabled-greypng Severely mentally impaired persons

    You, or somebody who lives with you, might be entitled to a discount (or exemption) if you are classed as severely mentally impaired.

  • housing-housepng Annexes

    You may be able to claim either a discount on your annexe or an exemption if it is classed as a 'granny' annexe.

Share this page

We use cookies to improve user experience. If you continue, we will assume you are happy to accept cookies from this website. Continue