Council Tax Energy Rebate - Information from Central Government
****IMPORTANT NOTICES PLEASE READ****
Central government announced on 3 February 2022 various schemes to assist people with the rising cost of living. This includes 80% of households receiving a £150.00 Council Tax rebate from April.
Please see the link below for the information that we have received regarding the scheme:
- Council Tax rebate - information from central government (published 3 February 2022)
- Council Tax rebate - information from central government (published 23 February 2022)
- Energy Bills Rebate and Council Tax Rebate Factsheet
- £150 Government Council Tax RebateCouncil tax rebate: FAQ (information from central government - published 1 April 2022)
- Council Tax rebate: FAQ (information from central government - published 1 April 2022
The council has been allocated a discretionary fund to provide support to other energy bill payers who are not eligible for the main scheme. This could include households living in property valued in bands E - H that are on income related benefits.
We are currently working on a policy and will publish details on this page when available.
Check my council tax banding
The Valuation Office Agency (VOA) who set the bands on domestic properties have recently published an article for customers setting out the circumstances in which they will undertake a band review and the evidence customers need to provide. Please see the links below:
Challenging your council tax band