To ensure that the council is transparent in its decision-making, the council publishes details of certain decisions taken by council officers. This is a requirement of The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 and The Local Authorities (Executive Arrangements) (Meetings and Access to Information) (England) Regulations 2012.
The decisions that will be published are:
- A specific express delegation to an officer from the council or Committee or;
- A decision made for which the officer has a general delegated authority to make the decision and the effect of that decision is to:
1) Grant a permission or licence (please view our registers page or the planning portal); or
2) Affect the rights of an individual; or
3) Award a contract or incur expenditure which has a value of £75,000 or more.
The information that will be published is:
- The decision taken and the date it was taken;
- Reason(s) for the decision;
- If any alternative options were considered and rejected;
- A list of background documents; and
- Where a decision has been taken under a specific delegated authority any conflict of interest a councillor has declared.
The council only has to record and publish decisions that come within the above categories. To avoid publication of routine matters, the Government does not encourage councils to publish decisions that are purely administrative or operational decisions concerning their day to day workings.
If the council already publishes the information on the council's website (e.g. planning application decisions or licensing decisions), the Council will not republish the information in the table on this webpage.
The council does not necessarily provide information which is considered confidential or protected from being published to the public to ensure compliance with other legislation (e.g. the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or the Data Protection Act 1998).
Officer decisions register
A log of significant decisions made.