Skip to content

Freedom of information (FOI)

From January 2005, the Freedom of Information Act (FoIA) has given every citizen the right to request information from public sector organisations, including Government, local authorities, the National Health Service, Schools, the Police and the Fire Service. You can use this and other legislation to request information from Stroud District Council.

Information that's already published

The information you want may already be published by us. Please check the existing information sources below before making a request.

FOI register


Once you have checked the information is not already available, you will need to put your request in writing so we have a permanent record of it.

How do I make a written request

Your request will be dealt with under FoIA or the access rights applicable under other legislation, such as the Environmental Information Regulations 2004. (Information about the right of subject access under the Data Protection Act may be found on our data protection web pages).

If you would like to make an FOI request, please contact us:


or write to us at: Stroud District Council, Ebley Mill, Ebley Wharf, Stroud. GL5 4UB

Share this page