Public Notice - Audit of Accounts 2022/2023Published: Wednesday, May 31, 2023
STROUD DISTRICT COUNCIL
AUDIT OF ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2023
NOTICE OF THE DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF PERIOD FOR THE EXERCISE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS
LOCAL AUDIT AND ACCOUNTABILITY ACT 2014
THE ACCOUNTS AND AUDIT REGULATIONS 2015
THE ACCOUNTS AND AUDIT REGULATIONS 2021
THE ACCOUNTS AND AUDIT (AMENDMENT) REGULATIONS 2022
NOTICE is given that the unaudited statement of accounts for the year ended 31 March 2023 are published on the Council’s website at www.stroud.gov.uk. The statement of accounts is unaudited and may be subject to change.
The Council’s accounts are subject to external audit by the Auditor Ms Michelle Hopton for and on behalf of Deloitte LLP, 3 Rivergate, Temple Quay, Bristol, BS1 6GD, and any questions and notices of objection should be sent to this address.
Members of the public and local government electors have certain rights in the audit process:
- From 01 June to 12 July 2023 Mondays to Fridays inclusive between 9.00 a.m. and 12.00 noon, and 2.00 p.m. and 4.00 p.m., any person interested may inspect and make copies of the accounts of Stroud District Council for the year ended 31 March 2023, together with all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records, except as provided for in Section 26(4) to 26(6) of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 in relation to commercially confidential and personal information. The accounts and other documents will be available for inspection at Stroud District Council, Ebley Mill, Ebley Wharf, Stroud, GL5 4UB. Please telephone 01453 766321 to make an appointment. A reasonable charge will be made for copies.
- From 01 June to 12 July 2023, the Auditor, at the request of a local government elector for the Council’s area, will give the elector or a representative an opportunity to question her about the accounts. Any such elector may make objections to the Auditor, under section 27 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, relating to any matter where the Auditor could take action under:
• Section 28 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, namely, to apply to the court for a declaration that an item in the accounts is contrary to law, and/or
• Section 24 and paragraph 1 of Schedule 7 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, namely, to make a public interest report.
- No objection may be made unless the Auditor has previously received written notice of the proposed objection at the address given above, specifying the facts on which the objector relies, the grounds on which the objection is being made and, so far as is possible, the particulars of any item of account which is alleged to be contrary to law together with any matter in respect of which it is proposed that the Auditor could make a public interest report. A copy of that written notice must also be sent to the Council at the address above.
Andrew Cummings CPFA
Strategic Director of Resources (Section 151 Officer)