What are the photograph requirements when submitting an application for a Voter Authority Certificate?
Anyone wanting to apply for a Voter Authority Certificate must provide a suitable photograph either through the Gov.uk application process or submitted with a paper application which meets the following requirements:
- A Close-up photograph of the head and shoulders
- without any other items or persons in the background
- without any covering of the head unless worn for religious beliefs or medical reasons.
- In sharp focus and clear (not blurry)
- In colour and taken against a plain, light background
- Free from redeye, shadows and not in the reflection of windows or mirrors
- Resembles a true likeness of the applicant without alteration.
The applicant photo must show them:
- Facing forwards
- With nothing covering the face
- Looking straight at the camera
- With a plain facial expression
- With eyes open and visible (e.g. no sunglasses or being covered by hair).