Skip to content

My name on the electoral register and my photographic ID are different, what do I do?

If your name has changed (e.g. through marriage, deed poll etc), you may be asked to provide additional supporting documents, such as a marriage or civil partnership certificate that provides evidence of the name change. 

If the spelling of your name is spelt incorrectly or an alternative spelling is present to the one on the electoral register, it will be the Presiding Officers discretion on whether they will accept the form of ID at the polling station. 

Share this page