Painswick and Upton District Ward By-Election page
A valid request has been received for an election to fill the vacancy for Painswick and Upton District Ward. In accordance with Section 243(4) of the Local Government Act 1973 an election will be held on Wednesday, 17 May 2023 (if contested).
Nomination papers and associated guidance
Nomination papers can either be collected from Electoral Services, Stroud District Council, Ebley Mill, GL5 4UB or downloaded on the link below. All associated forms are also listed below including the guidance, appointment forms and expenses.
5. Absent Voters List Request form
6. Counting Agent Appointment Form
7. Polling Agent Appointment Form
8. Code of Conduct for Campaigners
If you have any questions or need any additional information please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 01453 766321.
In order to vote in this District By-Election, electors of Painswick and Upton must present an acceptable form of photo ID in the polling station in order to be issued with a ballot paper. This also applies to any elector who has a proxy set up (someone who votes on their behalf).
The most common forms of photo ID will be accepted in the polling station e.g. Passports, photo driving licences, Bus Passes, Student PASS cards and some concessionary travel cards.
If an elector does not have an acceptable form of photo ID, they can apply free of charge for a Voter authority Certificate.
For more information on Voter Authority Certificates and the acceptable forms of photo ID's, please click here to read our Voter ID page.
An elector can apply for an emergency proxy on the grounds relating to Voter ID if after the deadline to apply for a Voter Authority Certificate (5pm, Tuesday 9 May 2023) and 5pm on polling day (Wednesday 17 May 2023) any of the following apply:
- Elector or proxy's photographic ID, Voter Authority Certificate of Anonymous Elector's Document has been lost, stolen, destroyed or damaged so that it is no longer useable - must have occurred after 5pm on Tuesday 9 May 2023.
- Elector or proxy has sent their photographic ID that they would use in a polling station to another person/organisation to prove their identity and is unlikely to be returned in time for polling day.
- Elector or proxy applied for photographic ID, a Voter Authority Certificate or Anonymous Elector's Document in the 3 months before the 9 May 2023 and their photographic ID has not arrived.
- An Anonymous Elector has not been issued with an Anonymous Elector's document.
- An Anonymous Elector has been issued with an Anonymous Elector's Document and, after the deadline, has been allocated to an elector number that is different to the one shown on their Anonymous Elector's Document.
- Elector or proxy had been issued a Temporary Voter Authority Certificate for a specific date but the election was adjourned.
Emergency Proxy - Voter ID - the application must be completed and returned to email@example.com, delivered to Ebley Mill or posted to Electoral Services, Stroud District Council, Ebley Mill, Ebley Wharf, Stroud, Glos, GL5 4UB for checking before the elector/proxy can attend the polling station. the completed application must be received by 5pm on Wednesday 17 May 2023.
Future Notices to be published
Statement of Persons Nominated
Notice of Poll and Situation of Polling Stations
Declaration of Result of Poll.