HOW DO I VOTE IN PERSON?
Polling stations are open from 7am - 10pm on the day of poll.
- The staff at the polling station will give you a ballot paper listing the candidate(s) you can vote for. You may be given more than one ballot paper if there is more than one election taking place in your local area on the same day.
- Take your ballot paper into a polling booth so that no one can see how you vote. Read the ballot paper carefully, it will tell you how to cast your vote. Do not write anything else on the paper or your vote may not be counted.
- Mark your ballot paper according to the instructions. A pencil will be provided for you to do this, but you may use your own pen if you prefer.
- If you make a mistake on your ballot paper, don't worry – so long as you haven't already put it in the ballot box, just let the polling station staff know and they can issue you with a replacement ballot paper.
- Fold your completed ballot paper in half, show the back to the Presiding Officer and then pop it in the ballot box – and that's it done!
From May 2023 you will need to show an acceptable form of photo ID at your polling station to cast your vote. For more information please click here.