AM I ELIGIBLE TO VOTE BY PROXY?
Anyone who is registered can apply for a proxy vote.
When you apply for a proxy vote you must provide a reason. You can apply for a proxy vote if:
- you are unable to go to the polling station for one particular election, for example, if you are away on holiday
- you have a physical condition that means you cannot go to the polling station on election day
- your employment means that you cannot go to the polling station on election day
- your attendance on an educational course means that you cannot go to the polling station on election day
- you are a British citizen living overseas
- you are a crown servant or a member of Her Majesty's Armed Forces
The person you wish to appoint as your proxy can only act as proxy if they are 18 or over and they are (or will be) registered for that election or referendum.
A person cannot be a proxy for more than two people at any one election or referendum, unless they are a close relative.