What Covid-19 precautions are in place?
We’re putting arrangements in place to help you stay safe at the polling station; you can expect many of the measures you’ve become used to in shops and banks over recent months, such as hand sanitiser, floor markings and face masks.
We have put in place the following measures at polling stations:
- Hand Sanitiser at the entrance and exit
- Floor markings
- Face Coverings to be worn in all polling stations unless exempt
- Screens between staff and voters
- Polling booths cleaned down between electors
- Ballot Pencil provided for each elector (you may also bring your own pencil if you would prefer)
- Regular cleaning of high touch points and surfaces throughout the day
- Covid Marshalls will be designated at certain venues to ensure social distancing maintained
- Limits to the number of people in each polling station at one time (you may experience queues due to these restrictions)
- Doors and windows (excluding fire doors) will be kept open to ensure the polling station is well ventilated
Remember - you also have the option to apply to vote by post or by proxy if you are not able to or would prefer not attend a polling station to vote.