Complaints about Individual Councillors

Please note

As you are aware we are facing unprecedented challenges in maintaining our levels of service due to increased workload and reduced staff resource due to the Coronavirus outbreak.

We are resuming accepting new complaints as per our corporate complaints policy and procedure. However, please note the response timescale will now be up to 20 working days.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and co-operation

(a) District Councillors

All district councillors are required to comply with the Council’s Code of Member Conduct, a copy which is available within the Constitution together with the complaints procedure. Such complaints will be investigated by the Council’s Monitoring Officer.

Stroud District Council, Council Offices, Ebley Mill, Stroud GL5 4UB.

 (b) Town and Parish Councillors

If you consider that a town or parish councillor may have breached their own council’s code of conduct (which will be available from the relevant council’s website or its clerk), you may refer the matter to the District Council’s Monitoring Officer (contact details above). Any other types of complaint should be referred to the clerk of the town or parish council concerned.

Share this page

We use cookies to improve user experience. If you continue, we will assume you are happy to accept cookies from this website. Continue