Household Support Fund
Gloucestershire County Council is pleased to introduce the Household Support Fund, to support individuals and families in need over the winter period.
Household Support Fund (HSF)
On 30 September 2021, the Government announced that a new Household Support Fund (HSF) would be made available to Local Authorities to support those most in need during the winter. The Government has provided funding to the council to support people who are struggling to:
- buy food
- pay energy and water bills
- cover other essential costs linked to energy, water, and wider essentials (including sanitary products, warm clothing, soap, blankets, boiler service or repair, purchase of equipment including fridges, freezers, and ovens)
Due to the limited amount of funds available and the number of applications that could be received, priority will be given to essential and necessary items for day to day living (food, utilities, toiletries etc.), but other essential types of support will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The Household Support Fund is available until the 31 March 2022.
Who can receive support?
The Household Support Fund aims to support as many residents as possible, who meet the eligibility criteria and are in need of this help the most.
To apply for the funding an applicant must:
- live in Gloucestershire
- be over 18 years old
- need immediate or short-term support to meet their/their family’s essential needs
Information the applicant will need to provide on their form includes:
- how their household has been affected financially
- what their household needs help with
- their personal details (name, address, email, or phone number)
Where to submit an application
The application form for the Household Support Fund can be found on the Gloucestershire County Council website here: https://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/health-and-social-care/gloucestershire-welfare-support-scheme/household-support-fund-find-out-more-and-apply/
What happens next?
The application will be reviewed by the Housing Support Fund team. If more information is required, Gloucestershire County Council will contact the applicant to provide this before it will be submitted to the HSF Panel for review.