GP Exercise on Referral
About GP exercise on referral
This initiative involves you being referred to a highly qualified Exercise Referral Instructor, who will provide a consultation to talk through your health condition(s) and what types of activities you like to do. A suitable 12-week physical activity programme will then be created for you, which could consist of one or more of the following:
- Group exercise classes (where applicable)
Who can be referred?
Any individual over the age of 16 who has, or may have the potential to develop, a health condition is eligible for referral. Health conditions can include, but are not limited to; obesity, diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, stress, depression, cancer, anxiety.
Who can refer you?
Your GP, Nurse or Community Health Professionals are all able to refer you to the scheme. By completing this form
What centres can you go to?
Exercise on referral is available at two centres within the Stroud District
- The Pulse, Dursley (01453) 546441
- Stratford Park Leisure Centre (01453) 766321
- The Fifth Dimension Gym
How much would it cost?
- One off consultation fee = £20.00
- Reduced Pay as you Go (PAYG) gym session = £2.00
- GP Referral group exercise classes = £3.50