Funding for Community Groups
The purpose of the fund to is to support local Community Groups and Organisations who are supporting children and families with free school meals during the October half term holiday.
Organisations may apply for up to £1,000. If more funding is required, a more detailed conversation with the applicant will be held. The aim is to share the fund fairly across the whole district, whilst at the same time not disadvantaging those who are using their own organisation’s resources to mount a major co-ordination effort.
The funding can only be used for expenditure in relation to the Free School Meals scheme provision.
Who can apply?
- Community or voluntary groups
- Registered Charities
- Community Interest Companies
- Town and Parish Councils.
The fund cannot be used to:
- Support the mainstream activities of an organisation e.g. ongoing yearly spending commitments including salaries and administration costs
- To create an ongoing funding commitment from the District or the County Council.
To apply for funding support Click Here
|Community support group/organisation||Funding Criteria met||Amount approved|
|All Pulling Together CIC||120 cold meals for 120 children who receive free school meals in Stonehouse||£300.00|
|Nailsworth Youth Club||Providing meals for 7 families in Forest Green area||£176.00|
|The Long Table||750 meals cooked and distributed via the Freezer of Love network during October Half Term||£1725.00|
|GL11||providing 150 packs to families in the locality||£1200.00|