Armed Forces Day consultation
Survey now closed
Thank you to everyone who filled out our survey for veterans, serving members of the armed forces and their families living in the Stroud district.
The survey was designed to help us understand the needs of this unique community and is part of our action plan to help us know where to direct our efforts, identify gaps in our service and address training needs.
Forty eight people responded to the survey.
- The main themes were:
- Training our staff to understand the specific needs of the armed forces community
- Information about how to join an armed forces community group
- Health care and mental health support
- Being recognised
- Being consulted
- Help with childcare when partner is on deployment.
We are taking steps to respond to these issues by:
- Arranging for specialist training for our staff
- Inviting local armed forces groups to meet with us at our offices and attending armed forces breakfast clubs
- Liaising with colleagues in the NHS to encourage awareness and share relevant messages
- Sharing information relevant to the armed forces community on our social media channels
We are committed to fulfilling our responsibilities under the Armed Forces Covenant, consulting with local residents and groups, and to sharing information about services provided by other organisations.