Skip to content

Change of Registration Number (personalised plates)

Change of Vehicle Registration (changing personalised number plates)

You can make a change of vehicle registration application if you want to put on or take off personalised number plates.

To make a change of registration application you must submit the following to;

  • Application form
  • Fee - change of vehicle registration fee plus a fee for a replacement plate - see payment links below 
  • Documents from DVLA confirming change of registration
  • Insurance certificate or cover note.
  • MOT certificate
  • Return any plates and discs previously issued by the Council

Links to Pay 

Hackney Carriage Vehicle Change of Registration Number application fee

Hackney Carriage Replacement plate

Private Hire Vehicle  Change of Registration Number application fee

Private Hire Vehicle Replacement Plate

Share this page