You can apply to become a taxi driver if you’re over 18 years old and you’ve held a full DVLA driving licence for at least 12 months.
Apply for a new driver licence
If you want to apply to become a taxi driver please contact the Licensing Team to arrange for an application pack to be sent to you.
You should read the Taxi and Private Hire information for new applicants and the Taxi and private hire policy before submitting your application.
When you are ready to submit your application please contact the Licensing Team on 01453 754440 to arrange an appointment.
When attending your appointment please bring;
- Completed application form
- Completed DVLA mandate form
- Completed DBS application form with three forms of I.D.
- Proof of your right to work in the U.K.
- Initial payment of £61
- Find out more about the DBS, DVLA and Medical Checks.
- Find out more about our Right to Licence Checks and view our list of approved documents.
Criminal and driving convictions
If you’ve got a criminal conviction or points you should read the convictions policy for Hackney carriage and private hire drivers before applying.