New Operators Licence
You need an operators licence if you want to operate licensed private hire vehicles driven by licensed private hire drivers.
If you want to apply for an Operator Licence you should first read the Taxi and private hire information for new applicants and the Common Licensing Standards for Taxi and Private Hire Licensing in Gloucestershire and Stroud's Taxi and Private Hire Policies before submitting your application.
Tax Conditionality Checks
From 4 April 2022, the rules changed when applying for taxi and private hire drivers licence. For information about tax conditionality checks please click here.
You will not need to complete a tax check if you have:
- never held a licence of the same type before
- had a licence of the same type that ceased to be valid a year or more before making this application
However, you must ensure that you have read the tax responsibilities guidance by signing the declaration on the new driver application form.
Apply for an Operator Licence
To apply for a new Operator Licence you will need to send the following to email@example.com;
- Application Form
- Basic Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service - https://www.gov.uk/request-copy-criminal-record (only needed if you have not had a DBS check as part of a driver's application)
- Proof of your right to work in the U.K.
- Fee - click here for a list of fees