Mobile Unit Consent
Mobile street trading consents are issued to traders who wish to move from place to place. A mobile consent trader must not remain in one place for more than 30 minutes at a time and not return to the same site within 2 hours. A typical mobile consent would be an ice-cream van.
A mobile street trading consent only permits trading within Stroud District Council’s area. If the unit goes into areas outside of Stroud District it will also need consent from the relevant authority.
A mobile street trading consent may be granted for any period not exceeding 12 months.
Making an application for a Mobile Consent
You should complete the application form and submit any supporting documents. There is a non refundable consultation fee that must be paid with the application. The consultation fee for a mobile consent is £46.
Documents required are:
- Proof of eligibility of the applicant to work in the UK
- Photograph of the trading unit
On receipt of your application, documents and payment of the consultation fee, the Council will your application to relevant authorities and agencies. A period of 14 days is normally allowed for comments to be received before a decision can be made.
If the decision is to grant the consent, you must provide the following documents and pay a consent fee before you can start trading.
- Third party public liability insurance up to £5,000,000.
- A Basic Criminal Disclosure check that is not more than 1 month old for the applicant and any person/s that will be assisting on a regular basis. Basic Criminal Disclosure checks can be obtained from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Information can be found online at: https://www.gov.uk/request-copy-criminal-record or by calling 03000 200 190.
- One passport style photograph of the applicant and any person(s) that will be assisting with the trading on a regular basis.
Long Term Consent Fees
Mobile Traders – Per quarter
Mobile Traders – Per Annum