Skip to content

Occasional use notice

Occasional use notices are used to permit licensed betting operators - with the appropriate permission from the Gambling Commission - to use tracks for short periods of betting at events which are temporary or infrequent.

The notices can only be used for eight days or less in a calendar year.

You can serve this kind of notice to us if you are the person responsible for the organisation of events on the track or an occupier of the track.

The notice, which should specify which day it relates to, must be served on us and copied to the chief officer of police for the area in which the track is located. Consecutive days can be specified on the notice but the overall limit of eight days per calendar year should not be exceeded.

If the criteria is met for the occasional use notice, there is then no need for a betting premises licence for the track and when the notice is served there is no opportunity for counter-notices or objections to be submitted.

The Gambling Act 2005 does not prescribe an application form for this but applicants may wish to use our application form below.


  • There is no fee for an Occasional Use Notice

Application form

Share this page