Review of a Premises Licence/Club Premises Certificate
An application for the Review of a Premises Licence or Club Premises Certificate is a request for the local authority to review the licence attached to a premises. A review can be lodged at any time.
The following can seek a review of a premises licence or a club premises certificate:
- Any Person who is being impacted on by the Premises or Club such as:
- A local resident
- A local business
- A Councillor representing a local resident or business
- A Town or Parish Council
- Gloucestershire Constabulary
- Gloucestershire Fire & Rescue Service
- Environmental Protection
- Health & Safety Enforcement
- Local Planning Authority
- Safeguarding Children Board
- Trading Standards
- NHS Gloucestershire
Valid reasons for a review
Your reasons must relate to at least one of the four licensing objectives:
- Prevention of crime and disorder
- Public safety
- Prevention of public nuisance
- Protection of children from harm
Requesting a review
There is no charge for requesting a review.
You need to:
- read the Guidance Notes
- complete an Application Form
- send a copy of your application to the holder of the premises licence or certificate and to the Responsible Authorities
What happens next
We can reject any request if we consider it to be frivolous, vexatious or a repetition.
If the application is accepted then we will:
1. Advertise the request
- at the council offices
- on the council website
2. Invite further objections about the premises
After the consultation period of 28 days, the request will be referred to a licensing hearing panel to consider.
If you are not happy with the decision of the licensing committee:
You have the right of appeal to the magistrates' court. If you are not sure of what the best course of action is for you, we would recommend that you seek professional advice.