Skip to content

Change of a name or address on a premises licence

You can use this process to:

  • Change the name of the licence holder or the designated premises supervisor if the name has changed through marriage or deed poll or other reason.


  • Change the address of the licence holder or designated premises supervisor if they have moved address.

You cannot use this process to transfer the licence to a new licence holder or to change the person who is the designated premises supervisor. For these you will need to make a transfer application or a vary designated premises supervisor application.

Requirements to change the name and/or address 


Email or post the new name and/or address to the Licensing Team

Make it clear in your email which premises licence this relates to 


Pay the fee 

You can make the payment here


Alternatively you can contact the licensing team and make the payment over the telephone

  • Address: Stroud District Council, Ebley Mill, Ebley Wharf, Stroud, GL5 4UB
  • Email:
  • Telephone: 01453 754440


The fee to change a name and/or address on a premises licence is £10.50.  

What happens next?

The premises licence will be updated and emailed to the licence holder


Share this page