Under the Alcohol Licensing (Coronavirus) Regulations, any licensed premises which permits on-sales of alcohol (for consumption on the premises) has an automatic permission to provide off-sales of alcohol (for consumption off the premises). This has been extended to 30 September 2023.
What are Licensable Activities?
- Sale by retail of alcohol or supply of alcohol by or on behalf of a club to, or to the order of, a member of the club.
- The provision of regulated entertainment
- Late night refreshment which is the provision of hot food or drinks between the hours of 11pm & 5am.
What is regulated entertainment?
Subject to qualifying conditions Regulated Entertainment is defined as:
- A performance of a play
- An exhibition of a film
- An indoor sporting event
- A boxing or wrestling entertainment (indoors or outdoors)
- A performance of live music
- Any playing of recorded music (except incidental
- A performance of a dance
- Entertainment of similar description to that falling within the performance of live music, any playing of recorded music and the performance of dance
For more information about regulated entertainment and for exemptions see our fact sheet.
The Licensing Act 2003 regulates premises licences.