Skip to content

Food hygiene and health and safety

The environmental health service enforces food safety and, together with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), health and safety legislation.

  • health-and-safetypng Working safely: controlling the spread of respiratory infections

    Covid-19 Health and Safety Guidance

  • eatingpng Starting a new food business

    We can help you start up; develop or expand your business.

  • contact-us-letter-greypng Register a food business

    All businesses that sell, distribute, prepare or store food must be registered. Find out how to register your food business with us for free before you open.

  • eatingpng Food hygiene rating scheme

    The Food Hygiene Rating Scheme (FHRS) helps consumers choose where to eat out or shop for food by telling them how seriously the business takes their food hygiene standards. Each business is given a hygiene rating when it is inspected by one of our food safety officers.

  • eatingpng Food safety management

    If you are running a food business you are legally required to have an approved documented food safety management system in place.

  • eatingpng Allergen information requirements

    Food businesses must provide information to customers who need to avoid certain ingredients because of a food allergy or intolerance.

  • educationpng Training courses

    Find out about our low-cost training courses.

  • health-and-safetypng Inspection, investigation and enforcement

    Officers carry out unannounced inspections and regularly investigate food poisoning incidents, accidents and complaints. They have wide ranging powers to stop dangerous practices or secure improvements.

  • hazard-signpng Cooling Tower register

    Businesses in the District with cooling towers or evaporative condensers are required to register.

  • hazard-signpng Radon in the Workplace

    Radon is a hazard in many buildings and employers need to make sure that their employees are not exposed to excessive levels of radon at work.

  • eatingpng Food Export Certificates

    If you wish to export food to a non-EU country you may require an export certificate from Stroud District Council or another government agency.

  • Controlling Legionella in Workplaces.

    Practical advice and guidance to control the risks from exposure to Legionella in man made water systems

Share this page