The Stroud District Direct website and material relating to Government information, products and services (or to third party information, products and services), is provided 'as is', without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
We do not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of www.stroud.gov.uk.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
The Ordnance Survey mapping included in this web-site is provided by Stroud District Council under licence from the Ordnance Survey for the purpose of providing public information. Persons viewing this mapping should contact Ordnance Survey for advice if they wish to use the mapping for their own use. Enquiries can be made at their website www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/.
For guidelines and information on web Advertising, use of Stroud District Council Content and linking to/from Stroud District Council website, please follow this link.
Links contained in www.stroud.gov.uk will lead to other websites which are not under our control. We are not responsible for the content of any linked site. Listing and linking should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind and we accept no liability in respect of the content. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet. We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this website.
Under the Data Protection Act, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. We use leading technologies and encryption software to safeguard your data, and keep strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it. We recognise, however, that this medium can never be fully secure and you should be aware of this when you use the site. We may pass on your details to any third party or government department provided always that we act in a fair and lawful manner.
We collect four kinds of information from visitors to www.stroud.gov.uk: registration information for our e-mail alert service, feedback (through our feedback and complaints forms), personal details collected via forms when you apply for services, and site usage information, from session cookies and log files.
You have the option to sign up to receive information via e-mail from Stroud District Council. This facility is called "E-mail Alerts" on the site.
The registration information we collect is: your user name (which does not need to be your real name), an e-mail address and a list of preferences you have selected. This information is stored securely by our server. We keep it indefinitely so that you do not need to re-register when you come back to the site. We may pass this information on to any third party or government department provided always that we act in a fair and lawful manner.
You can send us your feedback by using our Feedback / Report it! / Complaints forms, or by telephoning or writing to us using the contact details published in various parts of the site. In order to answer your question or deal with your complaint we may need to contact Gloucestershire County Council or other government departments. The details captured by some of the Report-it forms are sent directly to other local government agencies (eg. Gloucestershire County Council) where they have been identified as the agency responsible for the service. In these cases it is always made clear which agency it will be sent to, before you have completed the form.
We will not share your personal details with any private company, unless it is contracted to provide the service which you are applying for or commenting on.
You can apply on-line for some services by filling in a form in our Apply for It section. Applications are not stored on our Internet server, but forwarded directly to the section responsible for processing applications. In some cases this may be another government agency, but if it is it will be made clear where the information will be sent before you have completed the form. Applications processed by Stroud District Council are only stored for as long as they are necessary in each case and in any event for no longer than twelve months.
Cookies are pieces of data created when you visit a website. Cookies are simple pieces of data unable to perform any operation by themselves. Cookies are used on this site to remember specific pieces on information, i.e. your postcode in the "Where I Live" facility. You can set your computer not to accept cookies. However, if you do this, you will not be able to use certain areas of www.stroud.gov.uk.
Log files allow us to record visitors' use of the site. We keep log file information collected from all our visitors, which we use to make changes to the layout of the site and to the information in it, based on the way that visitors move around it.
Log files do not contain any personal information or information about which other sites you have visited.
LICENCE AGREEMENT FOR ACCESS TO NATIONAL AND/OR AUTHORITY DATASETS
The "Where I Live" and "Local plan" areas of the Stroud website ("http://www.stroud.gov.uk"), is owned and operated by Stroud District Council.
Set out below are the terms and conditions which, together with any legal notices displayed elsewhere on this Stroud District Council Website, represent all the terms and conditions on which we will provide you with access to the datasets created by Local Government Information House Limited (the "National Datasets") and/or the datasets compiled and maintained by Stroud District Council (the "Authority Datasets") associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. Your continued use of this Stroud District Council website indicates your acceptance to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, please cease using this website.
The terms and conditions for this licence agreement are as follows:
1. The National and/or Authority datasets are associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. Information displayed throughout the website is extracted from a copyright work owned by the Local Government Information House Limited and Stroud District Council.
2. A single screen print of the results of a search of the National and/or Authority datasets is permitted for your own use.
3. You may not extract or re-utilise information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets and/or any copies of such information (whether electronic or in hard copy format) for any commercial or business purpose including but not limited to, trading, building commercial databases, reselling or redistribution of such information.
4. You are not permitted to modify, adapt, arrange, alter, adjust or make any additions to any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets, nor are you permitted to combine such information with other mapping, data or other information, including for the avoidance of doubt, other such information derived from this Website.
5. Save as permitted by clause 2 above, the reproduction, copying, downloading, storage, recording, broadcasting, retransmission, distribution, decompilation, reverse-engineering or disassembly of any part of this website is not permitted without our prior written consent.
6. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets is not made available, either in electronic unencrypted form or in hard copy format, to any third party that may attempt to use the map in contravention of these terms and conditions.
7. You must inform us immediately if you become aware of a third party using information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets in contravention of these terms and conditions or of any infringement of trade marks located on the website.
8. We shall have no liability to any person or organisation in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from the use of the information contained on this website.
9. We take every reasonable effort to ensure that information contained on this website is as accurate as possible. However, the services featured on this website are provided "as is", and all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded. We shall not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expense or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with your use of the website.
What happens when I link to another site?
Access to your information and contacting Stroud District Direct
You can change your registration information or de-register from the e-mail alert facility at any time. To do this, you should choose "Manage your account" and change your details or choose "remove me from all e-mail alerts". Removing yourself from all e-mail alerts removes from our records any details you have given to us.
Terms and Conditions