Ideas for young people during school holidays.
Choose a section
|Kapers A world of playtime and fun for children aged 5 to 12 years.||Generation Games An opportunity for the whole family to enjoy various activities!|
|Dursley Pool School holiday activity programmes.|
Kapers is a world of playtime and fun where children aged 5 to 12 years can participate in a wide and varied choice of activities during the summer school holidays.
Sign up for Kapers
Kapers is packed with fun and exciting activities including:
- Arts and Crafts
- Games and Competitions
- Drama and Music
- Sports and Activities
- Special Workshops
- Themed days and much more!
The scheme operates for children aged 5 – 12 years old and runs from 8.30am-5.00pm or 10.00am to 3.00pm Monday-Friday for 5 weeks of the school holidays.
- Kapers 2013 Booking Form - PDF
Venues and Dates
- 5 th August – 9 th August 2013 – Maidenhill Sport & Dance Centre, Maidenhill School
- 12 th August - 16th August 2013 - Thomas Keble Sports Centre, Thomas Keble School
- 19th August – 23rd August 2013 - Thomas Keble Sports Centre, Thomas Keble School
Main Day - 10.00am to 3.00pm
£11.00 per day
£50.00 if you book for the whole week!
Extended Day - 8.30am to 5.00pm
£16.00 per day
£75.00 if you book for the whole week!
Information for parents and guardians
Terms and Conditions
Children will be encouraged to show respect for staff, one another and their belongings, the building and it's equipment. High standards of personal behaviour and responsibility are expected from everyone who attends the Kapers playscheme.
Arrival, Registration and Departure
At the start of the day staff will be on hand to meet, greet and register children into the play scheme. Bookings are on a first come first served basis. We advise you book in advance but any remaining spaces can be made on the day if places are available.
Children must be signed in and out of the camp. If you wish to collect your child early from the play scheme you must still sign them out. Children will not be released from the camp to any one other that the named parent or guardian unless there is written consent.
Activities range from relaxed arts and crafts or board-games to highly active games such as sport games and activities. We ask that you take this into consideration and ensure that your children wear suitable comfortable clothing that is loose enough for them to move around in. Footwear is equally important and we discourage children from wearing sandals or slip-on shoes that may come off during physical activities. Footwear should also be suitable for outdoor games.
Please ensure that all clothing is clearly labelled with your child's name. To avoid items being mislaid please ensure that no toys, games or valuables are brought to the centre. We have an abundance of equipment and ideas to occupy even the most energetic of children.
There may be time when a child attending the playscheme feels unwell. If this happens the playscheme coordinator will try to contact you by telephone. Should we be unable to contact you we will try to call the emergency number you have supplied. If a child develops diarrhoea and vomiting he / she must be clear of all symptoms for 48 hours before re-admission to the Kapers playscheme.
If your child has a medical condition that requires medication to be taken during the session, please discuss this with the centre staff at the time of your arrival. All medical details should also be completed in full on the registration form. Inhalers should be clearly labelled with the child's name.
When the weather permits activities take place outdoors and the designated areas are checked for safety beforehand. As the temperature cannot be guaranteed we ask that you ensure that your child has a jumper or jacket to wear. Please also ensure your child has sun cream, a hat or a cap if the weather is warm.
Stroud District Council recognises that the welfare of children is paramount and that we have a duty of care when children are in our charge. Stroud District Council will do everything to ensure that, whilst on any activity organised by the Facilities and Sports Development department, children will be well supervised.
We will do this by:
- All staff are carefully selected, trained and supervised.
- All staff are CRB checked.
- All parents/guardians and children will have access to information about what we do and what they can expect from the play scheme.
- That all parents/guardians and children know how to voice their concerns or complain if there is anything they are not happy about.
- All staff will be trained in child protection and will have clear policies and procedures to follow
- All sites are risk assessed and all activities are planned to make them as safe as possible
- All staff will wear branded clothing making them easily identifiable
For further information on child safety issues check out the NSPCC web site.
Terms and Conditions
- Parents wishing to cancel places already booked on Kapers can do so and receive a full refund up until the 23 July 2012. After this a refund will not be available.
- All Kapers staff are employed by Stroud District Council.
- The council shall not be liable for accidents to your child/children that are caused by third parties or for damage to a third party's property caused by your child.
- Stroud District Council is responsible for all children attending Kapers and to provide a safe and supervised environment. The guidelines set by Stroud District Council with regards to health and safety of the participants must be adhered to at all times.
- In the event of any accident to your child or sudden illness, appropriate procedures will be followed and the parent or guardian will be informed as soon as possible. Staff on the Kapers play scheme will not administer any form of medication to your child.
- To register on Kapers every child must have an up to date registration form completed and signed by their parent / guardian. On this form all relevant information on medical conditions, allergies etc must be provided, along with at least two emergency contact details. A separate registration form must be completed if your child attends more than one site.
- Each child must be signed in and out of Kapers by the parent / guardian. Adults other than the authorised parent/guardian of the child will require written consent before signing the child out of the Kapers. In addition any child wishing to go home unattended must have a signed note from their parent/guardian indicating this.
- Stroud District Council reserve the right to exclude or refuse any person prior to or during the Kapers Scheme. Stroud District Council will not be responsible for any loss or damage to property belonging to your child during Kapers activities, or during the journey to and from Kapers activities.
Dursley Pool Holiday Activities
Dursley Pool and Sports Centre run regular holiday activity programmes. To view the latest brochure please visit: www.stroud.gov.uk/dursleypool
As the name suggests, the Generation Games is an opportunity for the whole family to enjoy together the thrill and satisfaction of physical activity, perhaps in a sport or skill they have never experienced before. We hope as many families as possible will make the most of the opportunities on offer and so ensure that this is a truly inclusive day.
The popular event will be back running in 2013.
Sign up for Generation Games
The Generation Games will involve a carousel of events whereby groups of 25-30 children and adults will spend 35 minutes on each activity. These activities include:
- Dodge Ball
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Martial Arts
- Multi Sport Skills
- Dance Active
- Climbing Wall
There will also be a number of ‘have a go' events throughout the day, which will offer people the chance to try different events.
How much does it cost?
£4 per child (minimum age 5yrs old) and £6.00 per adult(s).
How can I take part?
Complete the application form attached and return with payment (cheques made payable to Stroud District Council) to Generation Games, Facilities & Sports Development, Stroud District Council, Ebley Mill, Westward Road, Stroud, Glos, GL5 4UB
Application Form - PDF
Please note. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
For more information please email: email@example.com